Publius Archive

'Now With Attenuated Live Thought Viruses'

WARNING:

INFORMATION FOR PHILOSOPHICAL USE ONLY!

Always use inflammatory information in a well

ventilated area and wear protective headgear

when conducting dangerous thought-experiments.

Information not good after curfew in

Sectors 'R' or 'M.'

Monday, August 08, 2005

Just 24 Hours later...


Yep, Red State didn't like my type around there after all.

The post that got me banned:

The Problem With Getting Everything You Ask For

...As in conservative control of the Executive, Legislative, Judiciary, Press...

As James Madison said, "The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny." (Federalist #47)

I think what I've been calling "corruption" is a close synonym to Madison's "Tyranny."

Or, in language that a recent poster to my threads would appreciate, as Spiderman's Uncle said, "With great power comes great responsibility."

How do you maintain the checks and balances against corruption that normally take place with powers divided between the parites?

I think that deserves vigorous debate, being critical to the future of the nation.


My Notice?:

At long last By: Leon H

Ya been warned. In response, you post a diary that blatantly accused the Republicans of corruption, then none too subtly also accuses them of tyranny. Further, in response to a user that we all pretty well like, you as good as call him a Nazi.

Welcome to The Pile™, and may the rest of your obtuse troll brethren follow you soon.

Macho Nachos - Roe Delenda Est!


---------------

I was atacking them personally. I don't suppose they had any reaction to the concept that power tends to lead lead to corruption.... Nooo. The topic of corruption cannot be discussed..

Hum loudly enough, and it isn't there.

"At long last..." They were gunning for me. In Fairess, I also used the word lebensraum in a reply, when someone suggested that conservatives did not have even 2 of the branches I listed, which I found incredulous. "The Rules" of their site never mentioned that allusions to expansionistic rhetoric are bannable.

Of course, against their written policies, I was called "Mad," "Incapable," "Dumb." I saw a number of posts sweepingly equating liberalism with immorality. All those epithets were just fine by the moderators, despite the following:

No profanity.
No personal attacks.
No harassment or demonization of a particular individual.
No disruptive behavior or off-topic remarks for their own sake.

Banning for ideological reasons will take place only in the cases of fundamentally anti-American ideologies. Nazis, Islamists, Communists and racists are unwelcome at redstate.org. Any other person of basic good sense and goodwill, regardless of party, is welcome to participate and hopefully come around to the ideals of Republicanism.

I have appealed, I don't know why. I ain't gonna walk on eggs and be told to "sharpen my crayolas" by abusive posters, then be banned for that. I had just started to feel like there was actually an enlightened conservative site. I guess that they do not find me a person of good sense or good will. I am one of them.

Evidently, enlightenment is largely incompatable with being in power. Thus the cycles of history continue.

Hey, have you noticed how much Newt Gingrinch is smoozing up with liberal outlets lattely? He subtly accused he current administration of being out of touch on NPR's "This I Believe." He'd never make it on Redstate.org. And neither would that Elietist, James Madison.