Publius Archive

'Now With Attenuated Live Thought Viruses'

WARNING:

INFORMATION FOR PHILOSOPHICAL USE ONLY!

Always use inflammatory information in a well

ventilated area and wear protective headgear

when conducting dangerous thought-experiments.

Information not good after curfew in

Sectors 'R' or 'M.'

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sesame Street Meets Jack the Ripper











I'm talking about Wonder Showzen on MTV-2. It seems to come on Fridays at 9:30 and Sundays. (Hey, I Tivo; it comes in automatically on my command.)

It's ostensibly a children's show that has forsaken all that is holy and good. It's evil, evil, evil.

And screamingly funny.

I feel so guilty watching young children say things that I'm not entirely sure is legal for young children to say. I hope MTV's lawyers hae been doing their job so that I don't get arrested watching this. I really can't help myself.

Ohhhh... I need to find a W.S.A. (Wonder Showzen Anonymous). On the other hand, as my first fiancee taught me, if it isn't worth doing with a massive dose of guilt, it's not worth doing at all.


--