Publius Archive

'Now With Attenuated Live Thought Viruses'

WARNING:

INFORMATION FOR PHILOSOPHICAL USE ONLY!

Always use inflammatory information in a well

ventilated area and wear protective headgear

when conducting dangerous thought-experiments.

Information not good after curfew in

Sectors 'R' or 'M.'

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Squashed Philosophers

Of the philosophy majors I ran into in college, it seemed to me that it was the ideal course of study for someone with a bad attitude and a desire to one-up someone they've buttonholed at a party.

I find this particularly irritating, because as a non-philosopher with the same hobby, I hate it when someone starts refuting me with the words of Spinoza's ETHICS Demonstrated by the Method of Geometry in a vocabulary I can neither refute nor fathom. That's why I find this site so helpful. 10 minutes on the web and you can match the argument and raise 'em by a Berkeley. Heh, heh.

It's sort of the Cliff's Notes of the major philosophical works.

To the good Dr. Cliff Pickover and his Reality Carnival site, thanks for the link. (The Cliff's are not related...)
--